It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: which carb??
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:13 am 

Which is better in performance and economy? A dellort 36 2 barrel or a weber 32-36 progressive 2 barrel?

Post subject: Re: which carb??
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:46 am 
dLk Iron Chef

Performance and economy are not interchangeable. You sacrifice one for the other. Progressive carbs don't have the best reputation. They are commonly jetted incorrectly and can take some time to get dialed in once you figure out the small stuff. Dellorto carbs are no longer manufactured. I am not sure of the support there is for these any more. Im sure if you post up your motor specs you will get alot of opinions. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say its a 1600DP. I would upgrade to a set of Dual Kadrons or Webber 34 ICT carbs. Don't buy the Chinese knockoffs. Don't use cheap linkage. www.aircooled.net has many tech articles on carbs.......

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm 
dLk Hill-Billy

I like my dual kadrons. But didn't have any problems with the empi 34's either.

Ovals are Overrated.....Image
Third Coast Aircooled Parts

Düg Büg

dLk?

Founding Member of the Not A Volkswagen Truck Club.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:31 am 

Dual-Dual Throats on any Dual Port head will perform much better than any combination..

Properly tuned(which includes jetting) will yield awesome performance and great gas milage.
really no matter the motor size .. ther are many other factors that could contribute to poor MPG.. but if everything is done correctly you can have the best of both worlds no problems..

if your running single port heads.. then Kadrons seem to be a great choice.. I have never personally owned a set ... but from what I see they are great for performance and driveability.

remember a fully tuned everywhere else motor/car can run awesome.. so make sure everything is set and working properly.. things like compression loss -valve seating-poor oil delivery- iginition-exhuast - transmission issues- tire pressure..all sorts of other items contirbute to power consumption and loss or gain.. don't forget them and think throwing on carbs answers performance needs..

my.02 :)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:19 pm 

Thanks for the help. I ended up staying with the dellorto for now. And yes I have a 1600dp. Shes acually running pretty good,after readjusting the air/fuel mix. I also put on a new throttle cable. aside from laying in fireants that went well too. LoL....will the stock steering wheel from a 69 standard fit my 72 super? The shaft looks bigger on the 72. The grant steering wheel keepes coming loose...a real pain