It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Transmission about to worn out
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 am 

I too agree a STOCK setup for you RED...

In fact a 67-68 trans would be a good idea.. good Gearing..

or a DUAL sideplate IRS would be a good conversion.. to swing axle

I have a stock 68 trans in the Beige Bug and we all KNOW I treat that trans pretty bad.. it has been great.. no problems at all..

- I too spoke with UDO in temple the other weekend we were all down there.. he quoted me about 450-500 to just go through a stock trans and
replace the normal items with the "upgrades" ... once you start adding items like super diff and main shafts .. maybe different gearing the price does adjust up..

- Brian is perfectly Right.. grabbing a good one from a car or a swap meet - then having it done sure makes life far far easier on doing the swap..
- I too had my "Bad Boy" trans built by Crow.. here in Texas.. I have heard nothing but great stories on his trans. builds.. but as with any one there could be hiccups
here and there.. He no longer builds transmissions..

- UDO does these one the side more like a FULL PART time job.. has a good rep going on it TEXAS.. and yes a super nice guy..

- Rancho - has built some really good stuff.. but even DanArchy had to deal with the "not local" issue with Rancho.. his first build crapped out and wouldn't go through the gears any more
right at the year mark.. RANCHO made good on the warranty.. he exchanged for a ProStreet - Showed up sticking out of the BOX and had a cracked Nose cone.. Rancho sent another immediately along with a shipping deal to sent the other one back.. BIG THUMBS UP on that service.. Once finally installed we went to stab the motor.. UM OH NO... all that and still a 6V bell housing..
so we ground -slow and steady for 2 hours (port and Polish style :) ) motor went right in.. and all has been great ever since..

- John and Kostya are running KCR transmissions ... so far so good.. I hear KEVIN is a cool cat .too... but he is in CALI.. that was a STEVE-O hook up..

Post subject: Re: Transmission about to worn out
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm 

Thank for input guys. :thumbs:
It won't be anytime soon. :(