It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Electric fuel pumps
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:56 pm 

I have an electric fuel pump on the squareback. It's a cheap Mr. Gasket that has a preset fuel pressure of 2 to 3 PSI. I'm on the second one, haven't gotten over 600 miles on either one. They are junk!! What electric pump will work good on a stock motor, didn't want to go with the more expensive Holley red, but I will if there isn't an alternative. Any suggestions? :)

Post subject: Re: Electric fuel pumps
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:21 pm 
Der Luft Doktor

CB performance sells one that is good to about 160 hp (waaaay more than enough for even most performance motors) that's only about 54 bux and is internally regulated to about 3 1/2 psi --> http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577
It's a Carter fuel pump (they don't tell you that though ;)), same as this one here at Summit --> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
You might be able to find it locally...

'56 Oval Vert- Okrasa 36 hp
'52 Standard Split Window
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm 
The Ukrainian

I had a Mr. Gasket fuel pressure regulator and that was a piece of junk too. Cheap Chinese junk :!:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:04 am 

mk-Zero wrote:
CB performance sells one that is good to about 160 hp (waaaay more than enough for even most performance motors) that's only about 54 bux and is internally regulated to about 3 1/2 psi --> http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577
It's a Carter fuel pump (they don't tell you that though ;)), same as this one here at Summit --> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

Thanks!! I found one here in Pearland! :D $45.00 :D and the other auto parts store is giving me my money back for the junk one :mrgreen: :D Things are looking better for the crazy T3s :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 am 
Der Luft Doktor

EAnderson wrote:
mk-Zero wrote:

Thanks!! I found one here in Pearland! :D $45.00 :D and the other auto parts store is giving me my money back for the junk one :mrgreen: :D Things are looking better for the crazy T3s :lol:

Sweet! Hopefully we'll have 3 type 3's out on Saturday night, if Paul is here and drives Chuck's notch :mrgreen:

'56 Oval Vert- Okrasa 36 hp
'52 Standard Split Window
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 pm 
dLk Iron Chef

Is there a reason, besides no fuel lines over the motor, that you arn't using a factory fuel pump? And are you using an inertia cut off switch if you get in a wreck? Tell me more about your set up, I am intrigued.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:37 pm 

Dlicious wrote:
Is there a reason, besides no fuel lines over the motor, that you arn't using a factory fuel pump? And are you using an inertia cut off switch if you get in a wreck? Tell me more about your set up, I am intrigued.

Didn't have a factory pump when I got it. I think the one that's on it now will work out great. If i had it to do over again I would go with a factory pump. I've already spent alot of time and money with stainless braided lines, and AN fittings. The pump is on a switched cicuit, but I don't have a saftey cut off like alot of the late models. I also have a manual switch, so I can turn the ignition on without the pump running.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:51 pm 
dLk Iron Chef

EAnderson wrote:
Dlicious wrote:

Didn't have a factory pump when I got it. I think the one that's on it now will work out great. If i had it to do over again I would go with a factory pump. I've already spent alot of time and money with stainless braided lines, and AN fittings. The pump is on a switched cicuit, but I don't have a saftey cut off like alot of the late models. I also have a manual switch, so I can turn the ignition on without the pump running.

I wanna see how you did your braided lines. I have never seen any up close.