It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Please feel free to add other companies to the list by starting a new thread on that company. Please use existing threads when applicable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm 
The Ukrainian

I never trademarked that idea, just posting it for you ;) .

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 pm 
dLk Rant Master

kostya.lyt wrote:

well it may not be perfect for you, but its perfect for Brian...

1955 O.G 3 fold, earlies, 2332, Berg5.....

If it wasn't for double standards....
Liberals would'nt have any standards at all....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 am 

mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
Speaking of having more CPE motors out there... Brian Im getting addicted to speed.... MPH... Not the other stuff..lol.. I either want to go turbo with my 1835 or go bigger... Let me know your thoughts..

Since you have the thick wall 92's I would say your motor is a good candidate for a turbo. We can drop your compression to ~8.5:1 and you can probably run 10-12 psi on pump gas. You should be able to make in the mid 200 hp range easily on pump gas, probably low 300's on race gas. You're going to need a $2000+ transmission though... I would also need to know more details about your engines internals though to know if it could handle it....

Awsome.... Well I my compression should not be an issue because it is at 8.3:1... As of what I know about the internal: balanced/counterweighted crank with 8 dowel pins, refreshed stock german beams, engle 120 cam with straight cut gears, solid rocker shafts, swivel feet rockers 1:1, single spring valve springs, 40 x 35 heads ported, and forged pistons. Ummm let me know if this is enough info...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 am 
The Ukrainian

thebucket wrote:
kostya.lyt wrote:

well it may not be perfect for you, but its perfect for Brian...

I don't get it. :|

Edit: :lol:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 am 
Der Luft Doktor

63Bugger wrote:
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
Speaking of having more CPE motors out there... Brian Im getting addicted to speed.... MPH... Not the other stuff..lol.. I either want to go turbo with my 1835 or go bigger... Let me know your thoughts..

Since you have the thick wall 92's I would say your motor is a good candidate for a turbo. We can drop your compression to ~8.5:1 and you can probably run 10-12 psi on pump gas. You should be able to make in the mid 200 hp range easily on pump gas, probably low 300's on race gas. You're going to need a $2000+ transmission though... I would also need to know more details about your engines internals though to know if it could handle it....

Awsome.... Well I my compression should not be an issue because it is at 8.3:1... As of what I know about the internal: balanced/counterweighted crank with 8 dowel pins, refreshed stock german beams, engle 120 cam with straight cut gears, solid rocker shafts, swivel feet rockers 1:1, single spring valve springs, 40 x 35 heads ported, and forged pistons. Ummm let me know if this is enough info...

The CR sounds good, that will make it easy. 8.3:1 though, what was he thinking? :lol:
Do you know if the crank is an OG German crank that's been counterweighted, or a forged crank, or cast.....?
What are the connecting rods?

'56 Oval Vert- Okrasa 36 hp
'52 Standard Split Window
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 am 

mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:

The CR sounds good, that will make it easy. 8.3:1 though, what was he thinking? :lol:
Do you know if the crank is an OG German crank that's been counterweighted, or a forged crank, or cast.....?
What are the connecting rods?

The crank is an the OG german crank and as goes for the rod also.. Is that a bad thing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am 
Der Luft Doktor

63Bugger wrote:

The crank is an the OG german crank and as goes for the rod also.. Is that a bad thing?

The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 am 

The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...[/quote]

Low 200s would suffice.. What would be the route with less troubles or should I say more bang for my buck without the possibility of boom clink clank clunk... Maybe I should just go for a bigger motor?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:20 am 
The Ukrainian

63Bugger wrote:
The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...

Low 200s would suffice.. What would be the route with less troubles or should I say more bang for my buck without the possibility of boom clink clank clunk... Maybe I should just go for a bigger motor?[/quote]

What would you do with your old one? :roll: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 am 
Der Luft Doktor

Honestly bro, you have a really nice, powerful motor right now, I would just enjoy what you have for a while and concentrate on getting your car out of the stratosphere, doing metal/body work, etc. Hell, I drove my car for over 2 years with the 40 horse and enjoyed every second of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next