It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Forum rules


Please feel free to add other companies to the list by starting a new thread on that company. Please use existing threads when applicable.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm 
Offline
The Ukrainian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 pm
Posts: 4109
Location: Pearland
I never trademarked that idea, just posting it for you ;) .

_________________
SHIFT_ukraine

Image

Image

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 pm 
Offline
dLk Rant Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:29 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Under your bed.....
kostya.lyt wrote:
I never trademarked that idea, just posting it for you ;) .

well it may not be perfect for you, but its perfect for Brian...

_________________

1955 O.G 3 fold, earlies, 2332, Berg5.....

If it wasn't for double standards....
Liberals would'nt have any standards at all....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1047
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
Speaking of having more CPE motors out there... Brian Im getting addicted to speed.... MPH... Not the other stuff..lol.. I either want to go turbo with my 1835 or go bigger... Let me know your thoughts..


Since you have the thick wall 92's I would say your motor is a good candidate for a turbo. We can drop your compression to ~8.5:1 and you can probably run 10-12 psi on pump gas. You should be able to make in the mid 200 hp range easily on pump gas, probably low 300's on race gas. You're going to need a $2000+ transmission though... I would also need to know more details about your engines internals though to know if it could handle it....


Awsome.... Well I my compression should not be an issue because it is at 8.3:1... As of what I know about the internal: balanced/counterweighted crank with 8 dowel pins, refreshed stock german beams, engle 120 cam with straight cut gears, solid rocker shafts, swivel feet rockers 1:1, single spring valve springs, 40 x 35 heads ported, and forged pistons. Ummm let me know if this is enough info...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 am 
Offline
The Ukrainian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 pm
Posts: 4109
Location: Pearland
thebucket wrote:
kostya.lyt wrote:
I never trademarked that idea, just posting it for you ;) .

well it may not be perfect for you, but its perfect for Brian...


I don't get it. :|

Edit: :lol:

_________________
SHIFT_ukraine

Image

Image

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 am 
Offline
Der Luft Doktor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 6959
Location: OC CA
63Bugger wrote:
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
Speaking of having more CPE motors out there... Brian Im getting addicted to speed.... MPH... Not the other stuff..lol.. I either want to go turbo with my 1835 or go bigger... Let me know your thoughts..


Since you have the thick wall 92's I would say your motor is a good candidate for a turbo. We can drop your compression to ~8.5:1 and you can probably run 10-12 psi on pump gas. You should be able to make in the mid 200 hp range easily on pump gas, probably low 300's on race gas. You're going to need a $2000+ transmission though... I would also need to know more details about your engines internals though to know if it could handle it....


Awsome.... Well I my compression should not be an issue because it is at 8.3:1... As of what I know about the internal: balanced/counterweighted crank with 8 dowel pins, refreshed stock german beams, engle 120 cam with straight cut gears, solid rocker shafts, swivel feet rockers 1:1, single spring valve springs, 40 x 35 heads ported, and forged pistons. Ummm let me know if this is enough info...


The CR sounds good, that will make it easy. 8.3:1 though, what was he thinking? :lol:
Do you know if the crank is an OG German crank that's been counterweighted, or a forged crank, or cast.....?
What are the connecting rods?

_________________
-Brian
55 Outlaw Oval- 231 hp daily driver :shock:
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1047
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
mk-Zero wrote:
63Bugger wrote:
Speaking of having more CPE motors out there... Brian Im getting addicted to speed.... MPH... Not the other stuff..lol.. I either want to go turbo with my 1835 or go bigger... Let me know your thoughts..


Since you have the thick wall 92's I would say your motor is a good candidate for a turbo. We can drop your compression to ~8.5:1 and you can probably run 10-12 psi on pump gas. You should be able to make in the mid 200 hp range easily on pump gas, probably low 300's on race gas. You're going to need a $2000+ transmission though... I would also need to know more details about your engines internals though to know if it could handle it....


Awsome.... Well I my compression should not be an issue because it is at 8.3:1... As of what I know about the internal: balanced/counterweighted crank with 8 dowel pins, refreshed stock german beams, engle 120 cam with straight cut gears, solid rocker shafts, swivel feet rockers 1:1, single spring valve springs, 40 x 35 heads ported, and forged pistons. Ummm let me know if this is enough info...


The CR sounds good, that will make it easy. 8.3:1 though, what was he thinking? :lol:
Do you know if the crank is an OG German crank that's been counterweighted, or a forged crank, or cast.....?
What are the connecting rods?

The crank is an the OG german crank and as goes for the rod also.. Is that a bad thing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am 
Offline
Der Luft Doktor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 6959
Location: OC CA
63Bugger wrote:

The crank is an the OG german crank and as goes for the rod also.. Is that a bad thing?


The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...

_________________
-Brian
55 Outlaw Oval- 231 hp daily driver :shock:
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1047
The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...[/quote]

Low 200s would suffice.. What would be the route with less troubles or should I say more bang for my buck without the possibility of boom clink clank clunk... Maybe I should just go for a bigger motor?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:20 am 
Offline
The Ukrainian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 pm
Posts: 4109
Location: Pearland
63Bugger wrote:
The OG German crank is what I was hoping you had, that is definitely a good thing, it would have been my recommendation. As for the rods, that will be the weak link. Still, you could probably get away with low to mid 200 hp maximum, but that would be pushing it. You especially want to be careful with how high you spin it with stock rods (unless they have ARP bolts), you might lose a rod bolt...


Low 200s would suffice.. What would be the route with less troubles or should I say more bang for my buck without the possibility of boom clink clank clunk... Maybe I should just go for a bigger motor?[/quote]

What would you do with your old one? :roll: ;)

_________________
SHIFT_ukraine

Image

Image

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CPE motors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 am 
Offline
Der Luft Doktor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 6959
Location: OC CA
Honestly bro, you have a really nice, powerful motor right now, I would just enjoy what you have for a while and concentrate on getting your car out of the stratosphere, doing metal/body work, etc. Hell, I drove my car for over 2 years with the 40 horse and enjoyed every second of it.

_________________
-Brian
55 Outlaw Oval- 231 hp daily driver :shock:
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group