It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Please feel free to add other companies to the list by starting a new thread on that company. Please use existing threads when applicable.

Post subject: Re: Airkewld
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm 

I would like to comment on a couple of things as I know they need to said. When I first started my business, I was a little wet behind the ear so to speak and made choices that were not to the the benefit of my clients or the longevity of my business. I have since seen the light about 2 years ago and my big passion in life is to make sure you have a great experience with us.

To the gentleman that had some cracked boots, please contact me as I would like to make it up to you.

Eliot, I heard from your friend that the company who installed my system on your car when out of business and from your friends POV, they did not know anything about air ride or VW's. Whether or not that is true or not, you and he would know the facts better. I consider you an awesome client and in the event you let me help make it up to you in a future build, I will not let you down. I will honestly hook a brother up.

I would like to set the record straight. Nothing Eric G says is a fact. Everything is a fabrication only to get a nod from fellow friends.

Timeline for my beams
In the beginning, I cut down German beams to size till about 2004.
2004-2006 Franklins VW Werks build my beams as I did not have the time to build them and I passed the business to him as good friends do.
2007 Franklin could not keep up with the demand because cores were getting hard to find and I contacted Keoki to build them for me. IIRC, I purchased 26 beams from him that year. All of them were returned to me due to my clients not liking the quality and I built them my Ultimate beams in exchange.
26 beams x $350 on Avg = $9100 that I ate, then had to furnish them with my beams in which just the parts run $189.75 each plus the return call tags and shipping.
$9100 + $4933.50 + Shipping = a $14K mistake.

Since them I personally make them in house and have done almost 750 of them with pride and only one return.

My website specifically states that stock bus wheels will not fit. I do not sell them in hopes that they fit or the customer does not care. His referral means business for me. I am not here to make a buck today and be gone tomorrow.

I want everyone to know the facts, I am not going to rant further being defensive about anything. I am here to help and get the industry strong. If I make mistakes, I want to fix them and make sure they don't happen again. To see what i am talking about, check my samba feedback, RestoResearch, Yelp, everyone needs to be happy with what we provide.

I hope you guys will reconsider, I am being genuine, I am here for life.

Airkewld
Pete Skiba
info@airkewld.com
623-518-3537

Watch us become the Best Customer Service Company in the VW industry in 2011!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:57 pm 
The Ukrainian

Thanks for stopping by! :thumbs:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm 

kostya.lyt wrote:
Thanks for stopping by! :thumbs:

x2

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 pm 

Pete, in regards to the Beams, I can only go by what my friend Keoki stated to me. If it is not the truth that you stiffed him on payment, then I am sorry. I have not talked to him about it, or you, since the time this was going on, around 2007. If you made it good with Keoki, good. If you build your own beams now, good for you.

The brakes on the bus, absolutely true story. You changed your story later to say the "crows feet" wheel will not work. regular bus 15's, and crows feet 15's will not work. And yes, you did tell him he could use bug wheels. This is all extremely well documented.

First company to have your VW wheels DOT testest, again, I told you Randee did. Long before you did. Well documented.

The headlights, another true story. Buy local, $100 tops. You want airshocks, I'll give you the part number and save you $400. You're a joke, preying on people that don't know any better. You claiming that everything I've stated is a fabrication, priceless.

And now all of a sudden, 2 years ago, you changed? LMAO, I can't believe you actually wrote that. Must be trying to come up with a NuImage lol

Guys, If you want this off the board, I'm cool with it, just delete it. I've already saved what Pete wrote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm 

Keoki is flat out lying to you Eric. Money was never an issue.

As far as brakes are concerned it was safe to assume when you have an original crows foot wheel to build off of that all wheels would be the same. I assumed wrong. I then updated the site and the samba. I even offered to buy people wheels so that they could run my brakes. But me explaining myself isn't going to make you believe me so I will stop.

I have asked you or randee to showcase that document if they are dot approved. No one has came back to me wit one. until then, what just believe you? No, I will pass. I showcase it with pride.

Eric, even if you do not like me, people have a choice to do business with me based on what they hear from others and myself, if you want to be that person that says I am taking it to them, go right ahead. People who do business with me get it. If they have a problem with something, and they took someone's advise on the web, are the members on call to help them in a situation? No. I am and that is business regardless of price.

I apologize to the member of this site for the above comments. Sometime less is more. Enjoy your week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 pm 

You did not ask me, you asked if he supplies a set with his wheels. I don't know, I haven't had a set of Randars. I've asked my buddy Dave, here is his reply
Quote:
Hi Erik, I don't have them anymore, but when I previewed the then-new "Randar" wheel, in VW Trends Magazine, I saw Randee Pickton's test sheets from an Engineering place in Long Beach, CA, that did a DOT destruction test on a Randar wheel. They checked crash impact, radial runout, side impact, pull pressure, virtually every test that could be done to a wheel, and the Randars passed with flying colors. This had to be prior to 2001, as that is when I left VW Trends, and "defected" over to Hot VWs, and I remember it being a few years before that, even, so maybe 1998-1999...

The flat 4 rims are DOT approved (at least the ET mag repop's are), so are my BRM's. Research before you claim...
Your record of standing behind what you sell is well documented as well. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... &start=250

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm 
Der Luft Doktor

It's okay if you guys want to hash this out here, just keep it civil 8-)

'56 Oval Vert- Okrasa 36 hp
'52 Standard Split Window
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
2010 FJ Cruiser- The Mountain Goat
30 Ford Model A Pickup Hotrod
Conklin Performance & Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 pm 

Erik G wrote:
You did not ask me, you asked if he supplies a set with his wheels. I don't know, I haven't had a set of Randars. I've asked my buddy Dave, here is his reply
Quote:
Hi Erik, I don't have them anymore, but when I previewed the then-new "Randar" wheel, in VW Trends Magazine, I saw Randee Pickton's test sheets from an Engineering place in Long Beach, CA, that did a DOT destruction test on a Randar wheel. They checked crash impact, radial runout, side impact, pull pressure, virtually every test that could be done to a wheel, and the Randars passed with flying colors. This had to be prior to 2001, as that is when I left VW Trends, and "defected" over to Hot VWs, and I remember it being a few years before that, even, so maybe 1998-1999...

The flat 4 rims are DOT approved (at least the ET mag repop's are), so are my BRM's. Research before you claim...
Your record of standing behind what you sell is well documented as well.

Thanks for the info.

I just looked up Randar wheels, Empi and Flat four and none of them mention anything about DOT. I appreciate that your buddy Dave let you know that but how do those words prove my statement wrong. I have proof. You have a statement. When some one else shows me something otherwise, I will say I was wrong and really, I do not have a problem stating I was wrong.

Keep bringing up old stuff Eric, I am a changed business and business man. Next time you are in my shoes and that guy does the same thing to you that he did to me, which you have only heard from his side, you would think other wise. There is always two sides of the story. Whether you want to believe him just because you enjoy giving me crap, okay i get it.

If you want to kick up some more dirt ...... enjoy. Everyone else here will "get it."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 pm 

Pete, several years back I called you to see about buying some kind of "kit" to bag my Square. At that time you didn't have anything for sale for T3s. You did give me some helpfull advice, and pointed me to some Samba threads to get more info. I was able to come up with a pretty cool bag set up. Even though at that time I knew very little about VWs. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 am 
dLk bass hunter

I think it's great that Pete is willing to step up, admit his mistakes, and make it right with those that feel they've been wronged. I will continue to do business with Airkewld. Thanks Pete! :thumbs: