It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: NEED ASAP.. THANKS MIKE with a COOL tidbit..
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 am 

I need an inner tie rod end for the drivers side. early before 4/68 the after 5/68 they are bigger..

I'm hoping someone has one -I can email a FedEx slip to today .. and maybe have it back tomorrow..
so I can get it in ASAP..

I did new brake pads last night.. and found that tie rod END was pretty bad off.. the outers are new - I had to change them when I did the drop spindles.. as they use the later larger ends..

thanks for any help any one can provide..

Last edited by tommiebsmith on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEED ASAP.. inner tie rod
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 pm 

So you just need to tie rod? I have one off of my 69. Is that too Phat?

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm 

Tommie:

Will this work for you? No part numbers so I'm not sure...

Attachment:
tr.jpg
tr.jpg [ 87.17 KiB | Viewed 3879 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm 

OOPS ... I need just the inner tie rod END..

I have the outer in good shape and the rod itself is in good shape..
the END.. not so much.. :)

they make early ones that are smaller O.D. on the shaft that goes into the knuckle the shiney part..

I need the smaller one..

Post subject: Re: NEED ASAP.. inner tie rod END :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm 

Hmmm.... threads are 14x1.5 and the end fits into the original knuckle off my 60.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm 

60Mike wrote:
Hmmm.... threads are 14x1.5 and the end fits into the original knuckle off my 60.

that sounds right.. what do you want for the whole deal? or just the inner.. it may bend different that the outer?
can I email you a FedEx slip to use today?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 pm 

Email the slip. Looking for a box now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 am 

Thanks MIKE..

It will make my cedar hill trip feel a lot safer..

on a side note.. KARMA? CRAZY coincidence.. ?? who knows..

so I post up only on the DLK that I need a part.. Steve-o didn't have one.. and the FLAPS won't get here until monday .

but some 4 years ago - I gave a guy I didn't know at the time from the air cooler board a full new set of tie rod ends
because he asked if anyone had any... I just so happen to have a set.. he had them on his shelf for the last 4 years never got around to using them.. and now has sold his car.. so last night after not making a Aircoolers meeting in forever I show up.. and Tracy who I am now friends with --walks up and says "I didn't know if you would be here but I have these and I am not going to need them after all.. Thanks a bunch for the help so long ago....."

WHAT ??? crazy !! (small twist is they are for late model and won't work .. but still crazy nevertheless)

ADDITIONAL! SIDE NOTE.... My alt .. has a jacked up bearing in it and I've been wanting to replace it.. I have a bunch of alts.. but none with the BOSCH BADGE.. well one but it is really ugly .. and I don't know if it works.. I gave my other one to John when he needed one.. so I was just going to use a regular one I had.. and hope one day to find a nice clean BADGED one.. the cool oval riveted badge.. :)
WAIT HOLD the phone.. some old school racer guy runs into James (the duke) yesterday and sales him a whole bunch of left overs on the cheap.. and James said here I got you a gift.. WHAT WHAT.... WHAT a few more times.. a BRAND NEW
in the box BADGED ALT... OH so sexy!!! .... and foooorrrr frreeeee... even better..

man Oh man... I must be living right!

THANKS to all my friends.. and THANKS world.. your doing me a solid this week!!!

Post subject: Re: NEED ASAP.. THANKS MIKE with a COOL tidbit..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am 

yep, it's awesome when it comes back around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 am 

tommiebsmith wrote:
Thanks MIKE..

It will make my cedar hill trip feel a lot safer..

on a side note.. KARMA? CRAZY coincidence.. ?? who knows..

so I post up only on the DLK that I need a part.. Steve-o didn't have one.. and the FLAPS won't get here until monday .

but some 4 years ago - I gave a guy I didn't know at the time from the air cooler board a full new set of tie rod ends
because he asked if anyone had any... I just so happen to have a set.. he had them on his shelf for the last 4 years never got around to using them.. and now has sold his car.. so last night after not making a Aircoolers meeting in forever I show up.. and Tracy who I am now friends with --walks up and says "I didn't know if you would be here but I have these and I am not going to need them after all.. Thanks a bunch for the help so long ago....."

WHAT ??? crazy !! (small twist is they are for late model and won't work .. but still crazy nevertheless)

ADDITIONAL! SIDE NOTE.... My alt .. has a jacked up bearing in it and I've been wanting to replace it.. I have a bunch of alts.. but none with the BOSCH BADGE.. well one but it is really ugly .. and I don't know if it works.. I gave my other one to John when he needed one.. so I was just going to use a regular one I had.. and hope one day to find a nice clean BADGED one.. the cool oval riveted badge.. :)
WAIT HOLD the phone.. some old school racer guy runs into James (the duke) yesterday and sales him a whole bunch of left overs on the cheap.. and James said here I got you a gift.. WHAT WHAT.... WHAT a few more times.. a BRAND NEW
in the box BADGED ALT... OH so sexy!!! .... and foooorrrr frreeeee... even better..

man Oh man... I must be living right!

THANKS to all my friends.. and THANKS world.. your doing me a solid this week!!!

I need to shake your hand .. need some karma to rub off. AWSOME..

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof