It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: WTB!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm 

i checked not suerw if i have a condenser what ppl aT AUTOZONE AND pep boys are pointing aat are the magnetictic pick up i pu;;ed it out and the say its fried but i dont know for sure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm 
dLk po-lease

What u have to remember about auto zone or pep boys is that if they can't type it in a computer they have no idea what it needs. Most auto parts store workers are not even mechanics any more. That's a thing of the past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 pm 

I never ever never buy any tune-up items from places like pepboys, a-zone, o'reily's, or advanced...well nothing except NGK plugs. Secondly I only buy actual Bosch coils, points, condensers, voltage regulators, starters, and alternators, and plug wires. The rest of the junk is all made in China and half the time doesn't even work new out of the box. Aircooled.net FTW! <I did that for you Brian :redguy:

Disclaimer- I have transcended beyond carbs and distributors due to the piss poor quality of our replacement parts, so take my advice for what it is worth.

Nick
'65 1500 S "Ninja Notch" http://supaninjanick.wordpress.com/
'68 Westy "Zombie Response Vehicle" no blog yet but it will be epic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm 

very true billy... nick u boiught some NGK plugs off ebay for a dollar a pc .. i still dont know BOUT THE CONDENCER I LOOKED AT MINE AND CROSS REFRENECED IT AND DONT SEE ONE ON MINE :/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:15 pm 

Mydaughters64 wrote:
thanks doug but i have no way to get it there bro..

I'm sure someone has a towbar you can borrow. Doug has a narrowed one if your beam is narrowed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:28 pm 
dLk Redneck

supaninja wrote:
Secondly I only buy actual Bosch coils, points, condensers, voltage regulators, starters, and alternators, and plug wires.

From this thread it looks like even your precious Bosch parts are being made in China and stamped " made in Germany"
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=63989

Sure makes you wonder.......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 pm 
dLk Redneck

The China Plant

Attachments:
china.jpg
china.jpg [ 69.16 KiB | Viewed 2479 times ]
china bosch.jpeg
china bosch.jpeg [ 26.75 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm 
dLk Redneck

supaninja wrote:
Secondly I only buy actual China coils, points, condensers, voltage regulators, starters, and alternators, and plug wires.

Fixed it for ya!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 pm 
dLk Hill-Billy

Interesting......found here.....http://www.thelocal.de/money/20120116-4 ... U-tEoy9KSM

New rules being planned by the European Union which would limit the use of the label “Made in Germany” could cause “immense damage”, Germany’s industry lobby group warned on Monday.
German business confidence sours (22 Mar 13)
China's export prowess needs German imports (20 Mar 13)
Industry experts excited for export boost (18 Mar 13)

Until now, the deciding factor in where a product can be labelled as coming from has been where the last process in production is carried out.

But the European Commission plans to limit claims of origin to products of which at least 45 percent of the value was created in Germany, Die Welt newspaper reported on Monday.

Current rules mean that products can be labelled as “Made in Germany” even if more than 90 percent of the work in making them takes place in other countries.

Industries such as car manufacture, electronics and machinery construction would be most affected by the planned rule changes, the paper said.

“The planned changes would put the label “Made in Germany” in danger,” Hans Heinrich Driftmann, president of the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK), told Die Welt.

“If in the future, the origin and value of the base materials are decisive, many products will no longer be seen as German,” he said.

This would cause immense damage to the German economy and would remove important information for consumers, he said.

“The label “Made in Germany” stands world wide for quality, and boosts German exports,” said Driftmann.

“The current rules on origin are unbureaucratic and internationally recognised – plans to change them should disappear back into a drawer. The Commission should keep its promise to reduce bureaucracy and to support mid-sized companies with internationalisation.”

Die Welt said that Algirdas Semeta, European Commissioner for Taxation and Customs Union, audit and Anti-Fraud, drew up plans to change the rules after the European Courts of Justice ruled in favour of a German company importing rope from China.

The firm had argued it should not pay punitive tariffs on steel rope it was importing from North Korea as the material was from China, where punitive tariffs would not apply, and was only assembled in North Korea, the paper said.

Ovals are Overrated.....Image
Third Coast Aircooled Parts

Düg Büg

dLk?

Founding Member of the Not A Volkswagen Truck Club.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm 
dLk Hill-Billy

Not trying to take away from anything else on this thread but regardless where a part is made there is junk from all sources.

It sounds like he is having an issue with his electronic ignition if you want I can try to come by this week but time for me is lacking sometimes. It really is easier for me to work here at my house.

Ovals are Overrated.....Image
Third Coast Aircooled Parts

Düg Büg

dLk?

Founding Member of the Not A Volkswagen Truck Club.