It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Looking for good 1600 header
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm 

Does anyone have a standard, small flange header with no holes that I could possibly borrow or have for cheap? Mine has the typical rust holes at the bottom and I'd like to see if that is what is causing my backfiring. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Looking for good 1600 header
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 pm 

If it's popping out of the carbs, it's the carbs. Popping and backfiring out of the exhaust, it's the holes in the header. Especially with a built motor and dual carbs. You're loosing some snap out of the motor too.

You might use some wrap to get you by until you can pull and replace. I don't miss changing headers and crap all the time. One of those things where I recommend biting the bullet and going stainless so you don't ever have to do it again. It hurts, I know, but so does a header and muffler once every year or two, and the scraped knuckles and crap fit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm 

It's popping out the exhaust. It's also a ceramic coated header that I paid too much for, lol. But it's also 6+ yrs old... One reason that I don't want to just buy a new header is that I plan on getting something like a full stainless system later. Thanks for the input. I had thought of wrapping it but it's right at the bottom clamps and I couldn't think of how to do it without interfering with the clamps. I guess I'll re-think it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 pm 

Chisel_86 wrote:
It's popping out the exhaust. It's also a ceramic coated header that I paid too much for, lol. But it's also 6+ yrs old... One reason that I don't want to just buy a new header is that I plan on getting something like a full stainless system later. Thanks for the input. I had thought of wrapping it but it's right at the bottom clamps and I couldn't think of how to do it without interfering with the clamps. I guess I'll re-think it.

6 years is good. I had an empi or bugpack ceramic last 2 years, same with the ceramic QP muffler. If I had an extra header it would be all yours. I miss the old thunderbird headers, those things were cheap and lasted forever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 pm 

I have a collector no muffler that you can have.. I don't know the total conditions.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof