Post subject: 73 bus in Houston
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 am 
dLk PI

Do these things have A/C?
http://houston.craigslist.org/car/698743615.html

Post subject: Re: 73 bus in Houston
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:13 pm 

uketrain wrote:

I sent this guy an e-mail, below is his reply. Is this a scam?

Hello,

The 1973 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Westfalia is in very good condition! It has never been wrecked. VIN: 2332018542, Transmission Manual, Engine 4 Cylinder ,Exterior color Red , Interior color Tan , 19,993 miles , Fuel type Gasoline, vehicle title Clear. Options - Leather seats,Cassette player , New Steel Belted Radial Tires (less than 50 miles on them) New Beautiful Tan Leather-Like Upholstery ,New Carpet, Paint , Handmade Custom Curtains. My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana. We brought the car with us. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 5,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm 
Old Man Pearl

OLEYELLER wrote:
uketrain wrote:

I sent this guy an e-mail, below is his reply. Is this a scam?

Hello,

The 1973 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Westfalia is in very good condition! It has never been wrecked. VIN: 2332018542, Transmission Manual, Engine 4 Cylinder ,Exterior color Red , Interior color Tan , 19,993 miles , Fuel type Gasoline, vehicle title Clear. Options - Leather seats,Cassette player , New Steel Belted Radial Tires (less than 50 miles on them) New Beautiful Tan Leather-Like Upholstery ,New Carpet, Paint , Handmade Custom Curtains. My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana. We brought the car with us. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 5,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!

My vote is Scammer!

1956 Deluxe Oval (Vintage Polar Silver)
1966 Deluxe Type 1 (Bahama Blue)
"Better to be an old fart than a young s-h-i-t head"

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm 
dLk PI

Yup, looks like a scam to me.