It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Eureka Springs, AR: Aug 22/23, 2014
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 am 

ScottyG wrote:
HoustonPhotog wrote:
I'll be there with my '87 Vanagon...

That Vanagon is Bad to the Bone!! :thumbs:

Great to see you Abel. Looking forward to the next one. Ft. Worth in November??

thanks a ton! congrats on your 2nd place finish! I got 2nd as well in the water cooled division. I knew it was going to be a close finish when the judges came back and asked to look at my engine compartment. i proceeded to show them my dirty 2.5L engine and I knew my chances were gone once they saw it. this was like my 2nd big show and never thought about the engine cleanliness. ha. now i know. out comes the toothbrush and cleanser soon! lol

ft worth in November? I might have to check that one out.

All in all the weekend went great van drove great the whole 600 miles or so there.. It was cloudy and not too hot out. On the way home about an hour into Oklahoma temp Gauge light came on... Pulled over.. Cooled down.

I checked the engine and liquid levels and made sure the fans were running fine. No leaks etc. Got back on the road and drove lightly... Maybe I was too heavy on the pedal in the hills with the 100 degree temps. Doh.

Rest of the drive was fine.. Had a constant eye on the temp Guage and it ran on the warm side of normal but like I said it got into the 100s once I got into Texas in the worst part of the day. I'll prolly have the coolant removed and replaced since i realized I haven't replaced it since I bought the van a year ago. I'd rather get some good stuff in there and replace whatever mojo the previous owner may have used..

oh i think I used a full quart or quart and a half of oil on the trip BUT i think I've found the culprit for my slight oil leak. It seems the dipstick tube is very loose so theres prolly no o-ring there at the mounting point. going to replace the o-ring and see if that stops the small leak I've noticed for awhile.

Follow Me On Instagram:
http://instagram.com/HoustonPhotog