It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: little old lady
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 pm 
dLk po-lease

Hahahahaha. Just goes to show we all think alike.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm 
dLk Redneck

guess I am one of those who doesn't think like that. But hey if making remarks about screwing elderly ladies is what makes you laugh, so be it. I for one was taught a little differently and I rather respect the elderly community. hell one day I hope to be there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 pm 

ConcreteAce wrote:
guess I am one of those who doesn't think like that. But hey if making remarks about screwing elderly ladies is what makes you laugh, so be it. I for one was taught a little differently and I rather respect the elderly community. hell one day I hope to be there.

I thought they were talking about the daughter. I still agree Ethan about what a way to spoil a good story.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 pm 

Correction: grand daughter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm 

ConcreteAce wrote:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:26 pm 

My bad if my immature comment offended anybody, but I was raised differently and have different values. Erik keep us posted, I want all the details on the home cooked dinner. I am a single guy too and loe me some good old fashion home cookin.

Nick
'65 1500 S "Ninja Notch" http://supaninjanick.wordpress.com/
'68 Westy "Zombie Response Vehicle" no blog yet but it will be epic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm 

supaninja wrote:
My bad if my immature comment offended anybody, but I was raised differently and have different values. Erik keep us posted, I want all the details on the home cooked dinner. I am a single guy too and loe me some good old fashion home cookin.

DO NOT tell him anything about the dinner Eric I think we should do our best to keep Nick away from this lady w:pw

"It's not complicated, but it is going to be expensive!"

A Founding Member of the Not A Volkswagen Truck Club.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm 

How come you didn't ALREADY have some fuel line in your car? :nono:

:lol:

nice story...

Erik G wrote:
I've seen it in the 'hood before, a nice and stock black 69 bug. Well, today while I was running to the post office to ship some parts, it was on the side of the road at Dallas and Dunlavy and I could tell it was a woman. I told myself, get the usps boxes, and if she's still there, go see whats up

Yeah, she's still there. I pull up, and it's a little old lady, maybe 70? thinks her battery is bad...it's turning over fine, just not catching. everything under the decklid looks new, but the fuel filter (over the distributor, ugh) is empty. She says the gauge has been acting up, but she just filled it 4 days ago. I take off the gas cap and push the car around, I don't hear anything. So instead of her buying a gas can and gas, I go get mine, change clothes, and come back.

I put gas in the car, and have her try again. Bubbles in the fuel filter, it almost starts but dies...fuel issue, maybe vapor lock? At least all of the electrical is good if it almost started. she wants to tow it to herr schmidt, no worries, I understand. AAA is on the way, so I grab my stuff, but then see a puddle. Gasoline. Big gasoline puddle, like everything I just put in. I feel around, and there is about a one inch long slit in the gas line, next to the transmission where the metal line goes to rubber line.

So I get her out of the car, tell her exactly what it is, I'd cut it and push it in and make it work, but it's pretty far back, it would be stretching it, and i seriously almost got hit just trying to help her, and I can tell she has been there awhile already. So with AAA on the way, I leave and tell her I'll be back by.

Package the parts, take a shower and run back to the post office, shes still there. WTF. So I go buy a water, and bring it to her, she wont even let me push her back a block into the shade, she doesnt want to the tow truck to not see her. Stubborn. Ok, so I give her my number and tell her to call me in 15 minutes, and I keep on with my errands, but in the mean time I call AAA, tell them she already called and is too proud to say she's 70 years old, it's 110 degrees on the concrete, shes been there at least an hour, please get the driver out there ASAP. So the lady says holy shit, bumps it to a VIP tow.

Silvia called me back, told me that the tow truck just got there and AAA called and stayed on the phone with her until they did so. She wants to make me a home cooked dinner, and you guys know I'm single and my family is 2000 miles away, nothing sounds better than grandma style food. I keep feeling that I could have done more, went and got a floor jack and some gas line, etc, and I probably could have, but I made that little old lady's day.

If you see a little old lady in a black 69 bug, red interior and really nice, it's Silvia, honk and wave to her, she's A OK!
I'll let you know how good the food is! Or isn't, even my grandma forgot how to cook!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm 

This thread is an instant classic!! Freakin hilarious! Great story, great reactions! :thumbs: :thumbs: