It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brand new
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:49 pm 

welcome Byron!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:58 pm 

Thanks.Great web site!E Anderson turned me on to it.
Like the bus.Takes me back to early '70's and memories of travels and adventures with old Marine buddy in his early '60's bus.VW buses are way cool!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 pm 

glad to have you here. post up....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am 

Welcome 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm 

ConcreteAce wrote:
welcome :beer:

Thanks,cool '65....liked the '61 too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:33 pm 

mk-Zero wrote:
Welcome man! Post up some pics of your ride in the Projects section! :thumbs:

Thanks Brian.Really like the '55 oval.Too cool.You're a man after my own heart with your quote (your car should always be faster than it looks).Never heard it put quite that way,but sounds like true hotrod words of wisdom to me.

byron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:40 pm 

notchback65 wrote:
Welcome! :thumbs:

Seen your car and it is really nice..

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment.
So how is the notch.Are we talking about the same notch I saw you guys were working on at Erics a while back,welding some patches in?

Later,

byron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm 

Hey Eric!Still trying to come up to speed on using this site.Old fart thing you know.Not as computer savy as you hard charging youngins.I just now figured out how to respond to my welcomes,which were quite a few!It's a kick checking out their rides....and some of their funny quotes too.This is really a nice site.The hard work of many to make it happen is self evident.Well done to all.
With quite a bit of assistance from my 21 year old step son,Justin Anglea,I did manage to get the t3 in the classifieds.If you will go to classifieds and check out the( '69 t3 fastback for sale $6800.00 obo)I would appreciate your critque.Please let me know if the pics,and,or the write up on it is adequate,or if I need to add,or delete anything.Thinking about using same write up and pics on samba,and,or craigs list.Let me know what you think either on this site,or email me(bakerbh@bp.com),or (bakerbh54@yahoo.com).By the way,if you don't have it,my cell is 832-474-1849.Not trying to confuse you with all the options,but I know you are a fIne young man of God,think you should know I admire,and respect you for that,I'm a firm believer in one nation under God,wish I had five bucks for every time I've bragged on you,not just your work,but on you for the good man that you are,wish there were more like you.Now don't go gettin' the big head,or freaking out on me thinking why am I buttering you up.It's not that at all.I'm just saying that as a Christian,we are comanded by Jesus to encourage one another, I consider you as a friend and Christian brother,and if you should ever need me for anything,you have no excusses,because I just gave you three ways to contact me.I know you are busier than a cat watching two rat holes at opposite ends of the barn,but your input,as well as what you have already done,is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
byron ><>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 pm 

Wow, those are some kind words. :oops: Thanks Byron, It's always good to have a brother in Christ. Also likewise, if you ever need anything let me know. I'm far from perfect, but I always try to be a good Godly influence and help out anyone whenever I can.

This group has alot of really great people in it that help each other out any way we can. Everyone here gets along great despite political or religious beliefs. It's nice to have you here, and congrats figuring out how to navigate the website...old fart :lol: w:pw

The pictures look great good luck selling the car. Hopefully you replace it with another VW sometime soon. You should take a close up shot of that exhaust, man it's sweet. Have any pictures of that Willys??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 am 

byron baker wrote:
Still trying to come up to speed on using this site.Old fart thing you know. ><>

I have to say Welcome from one old fart to another ... :dance: :hillbilly:

Like Eric said we have a lot of diverse folks on here and all are willing to give a hand when they can. Very unique group.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next