It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Re-introduction
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm 
Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:35 am 

thanks guys, sorry to air the personal goings on type garbage....... I took an ambien last night and barely remember typing that stuff.
I have never been much of a superstitious person but since we got this stuff worked out I promised myself not to talk about it much because I know if I do something will happen.

Got a couple things to take care of first. I have a 78 ford f-150 that I bought to haul some stuff dump and use for yard work, I took 3 loads of concrete that I found buried throughout the backyard when I was landscaping. I was also going to use it as a parts vehicle for a 75 F-150 I was going to Rat Rod out.......... Well, I am stream lining the projects down to a classic Mustang and my 65 Beetle (bug comes first) and Boom when he helped me bring the bug home wanted to know what was going on with the truck, so he has free dibs on the monster (F-150).

Next is my wifes 300 TE Mercedes (it's the older Wagon), it blew a head gasket and is at the mileage that it needs new timing and oil pump chains, guide rails and tensioner s , water pump, had the head machined and valve job done as well as valve seals and guides, and in order to do this pretty much everything on the top, front, and bottom of the block has to come off so it is getting all new seals and gaskets as well.........The only thing I am waiting for is the timing chain master link press and then I can start putting it together.

After those two things are done I can start work on my Bug again..... She still does not have a name. That's when I can start taking pics because not much has happened to her.

My brother was killed by a funky cold medina.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:02 am 
Old Man Pearl

dka65 wrote:
thanks guys, sorry to air the personal goings on type garbage....... I took an ambien last night and barely remember typing that stuff.
I have never been much of a superstitious person but since we got this stuff worked out I promised myself not to talk about it much because I know if I do something will happen.

Got a couple things to take care of first. I have a 78 ford f-150 that I bought to haul some stuff dump and use for yard work, I took 3 loads of concrete that I found buried throughout the backyard when I was landscaping. I was also going to use it as a parts vehicle for a 75 F-150 I was going to Rat Rod out.......... Well, I am stream lining the projects down to a classic Mustang and my 65 Beetle (bug comes first) and Boom when he helped me bring the bug home wanted to know what was going on with the truck, so he has free dibs on the monster (F-150).

Next is my wifes 300 TE Mercedes (it's the older Wagon), it blew a head gasket and is at the mileage that it needs new timing and oil pump chains, guide rails and tensioner s , water pump, had the head machined and valve job done as well as valve seals and guides, and in order to do this pretty much everything on the top, front, and bottom of the block has to come off so it is getting all new seals and gaskets as well.........The only thing I am waiting for is the timing chain master link press and then I can start putting it together.

After those two things are done I can start work on my Bug again..... She still does not have a name. That's when I can start taking pics because not much has happened to her.

First of all Ambien is some bad ass shit...find something else to help you sleep ;) . 2nd, It is good to see your interest in VW's revived. Any VW saved is a good thing! Take your time and do it right.

1956 Deluxe Oval (Vintage Polar Silver)
1966 Deluxe Type 1 (Bahama Blue)
"Better to be an old fart than a young s-h-i-t head"

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm 

Yeah, Ambien = No Good but I can easily go three to four days with little to no sleep and all the "home remedies ;) ;) " don't really do a thing except make me a bit tired but then I fall asleep and after an hour or two I am awake again.

If anyone has an idea I would like to hear it.

My brother was killed by a funky cold medina.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 pm 

Welcome