It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC Drag Racing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:00 pm 

notchback65 wrote:
vwracing65 wrote:

Yep.... If it wasn't for my new sponsor wanting to come out with a new car for next year... I wouldn't have got back into it after I sold all my cars last year.

What make it high dollar isn't the car it's the electronics and having to have a laptop to set the timing and etc. No more little screwdriver from Novak. LOL!!

I never spent anything NEAR that!!! I paid $400 for my 4x4 Slash Platinum, out of the box with 3s LiPo batts ($100) it does about 50mph and I never have to tune it and to this day I have pics of it about 20 ft in the air on BMX jumps and yet to break ANY parts. My Rustler on the other hand was a lot of snap crackel and pop (its now getting a new brushless capable of 90+ mph) :wow:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:25 pm 

Philly wrote:
notchback65 wrote:
vwracing65 wrote:

Yep.... If it wasn't for my new sponsor wanting to come out with a new car for next year... I wouldn't have got back into it after I sold all my cars last year.

What make it high dollar isn't the car it's the electronics and having to have a laptop to set the timing and etc. No more little screwdriver from Novak. LOL!!

I never spent anything NEAR that!!! I paid $400 for my 4x4 Slash Platinum, out of the box with 3s LiPo batts ($100) it does about 50mph and I never have to tune it and to this day I have pics of it about 20 ft in the air on BMX jumps and yet to break ANY parts. My Rustler on the other hand was a lot of snap crackel and pop (its now getting a new brushless capable of 90+ mph) :wow:

Difference between mine and yours.... Well yours is a basher and mine is a race car. Congrats on the new bl motor. When you want to go faster come see me.... :thumbs: :D But you might not handle the power going in a straightline :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:35 pm 

vwracing65 wrote:
Philly wrote:
notchback65 wrote:
vwracing65 wrote:

Difference between mine and yours.... Well yours is a basher and mine is a race car. Congrats on the new bl motor. When you want to go faster come see me.... :thumbs: :D But you might not handle the power going in a straightline :D

Don't listen to him..... w:pw w:pw w:pw

1965 VW 1500 S Notchback

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:43 pm 

No, Im wondering too, cause mine now doing 70 in a stadium truck can catch air at top speed and end over. I wonder too if a bigger motor will only make things worse. I also wonder if my truck can do that, what can a road car do???

So seriously if you have faster I would love to see it before I start on a road monster.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:38 pm 

Philly wrote:
No, Im wondering too, cause mine now doing 70 in a stadium truck can catch air at top speed and end over. I wonder too if a bigger motor will only make things worse. I also wonder if my truck can do that, what can a road car do???

So seriously if you have faster I would love to see it before I start on a road monster.

What motor and lipo are you running?? Also mine isn't a road car. Its a drag car "only" which doesn't turn that much compared to a road car. LOL!!

If you need any help let me know bro! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm 

Bring it to the shop Philly :dance:

"If it ain't Rubbin, it ain't Dubbin"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 pm 
dLk Redneck

oval1 wrote:
Bring it to the shop Philly :dance:

randy has wanted one of those trucks every since he saw Billy's and he went with me one time to meet up with Meredith and they were drag racing. I thought they were cool until I saw the price. geez louise!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 pm 

Philly said no one could beat his car!!

"If it ain't Rubbin, it ain't Dubbin"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm 
dLk Redneck

oval1 wrote:
Philly said no one could beat his car!!

hmmm maybe a challenge?//????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 pm 

My ride is so fast, itll blow all 4 doors off that Audi :blueguy: w:pw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next