It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Post pics of your bicycles and bike rides here
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am 

a couple people hit me up at dubsplash about the the 55, so I thought I'd update with some pics.

this bike

now looks like this

I have some more work to do, I got the stars and stripes to show on the rack, but I can get more blue to come out. I had ordered some wheels but dude never shipped them, paypal just returned my money. So I gotta look for some wheels. These roll fine, and I regreased them, but going to put a bindex 2speed kickback on it, as I want the beast to be my regular bar hopper. I've already been using it, barhopping, but it's freaking heavy and I think a 2spd will work well. I did get some old school blue grips in the mail while we were at dubsplash. I do have the OG seat that needs new leather as well. Probably just put a blue rag on it for now cause this messenger seat is not comfy at all

It does ride well. Look Ma, no hands

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 am 

Some new bikes I picked up

I got this at frankenbike this Saterday. The rear fender has some scratches but otherwise it's nice and original, down to the tires and grips. The 7 speed internal hub needs some work, I think maybe 4 or 5 of the 7 actually work, Probably just needs cleaned and greased inside the hub

I wasnt really planning on buying this, but it was a good enough deal.

I picked this one up Saterday evening after work. I had been waiting all week for it, it was (and still is) on craigslist. Again, all original, some scratches but nothing horrible. Disc brakes front and rear, 4 speed internal hub works perfect. One old lady owner (really, I swear). I've been riding this around, and it kicks ass. I'm sure that back tire is impossible to find. Lady only rode it a couple times, was too heavy for her so she got a lighter bike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 pm 

Don't get to ride as much as I would like, but still enjoy it. Photo is after a ride at Lake Bastrop while I was out there for Annual Training SEP 2013.
Bike is a 2007 Giant Reign 2. I love this bike!

In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility -- I welcome it.

John F. Kennedy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6