It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: DLK in the House (Ft. Worth Show)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm 
dLk po-lease

yea i was planning on trailering it im not sure Kansas is road worthy for such a long drive yet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 pm 

I have to do a little research to plan out a nice route to take the cruise. I'm thinking of it being after the show is over before sunset. I have 3 extra beds (sounds like one is spoken for) and a long and short couch. Plus plenty of floor space and a big yard. I will also scope out a safe place for trailers if there's going to be more then one. Saturday night we can booze it up and or play poker... ...yeah...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm 
dLk bass hunter

oval1 wrote:
vw1961vert wrote:
With a little help (hint hint), I'd like to go rollin' in to the show this year! ;)

No problem, Brandon said you could roll with him :redguy: :redguy:

Thanks B!!!, but that fucker's pokin' fun at me!!! I hear what you're throwin' down E! Thanks for the offering Philly!! Unfortunately, I'm booked solid on Saturday, but I'm free Friday and Sunday.

E,
Do you have time this weekend? If so, can we get my car over there? What do ya think!??! :help:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 pm 
dLk Redneck

Whats wrong with your car Mike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 pm 
dLk bass hunter

I think Eliot called you a number of months ago about the way the transmission is mounted in the car. The previous owner had the front transmission mount poorly welded in for one, and where the coupler shifting coupler is, the the metal has been all bent up in order to clear room for it. I know you could tell me more about what the issue is than I know what I'm talking about....you remember talking to Eliot about this, Ethan?

When everything is in line, the car runs like new money. After driving it for a while, all of a sudden I begin to lose gears. It either becomes difficult to shift into the gear or I can't force it in at all. Then I I'll usually lose the rest of the gears by being unable to shift them in place. :(

Good thing is the motor runs like new money though! ;)

I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I feel are issues and post them up so you can see what I'm dealing with. Thanks for the interest, man. I also look forward to any help you can give!! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 pm 
dLk Redneck

How early is your 61? I know 60 had a one yaer only mount in it. Maybe yours has it as well. If so that maybe why someone welded in a new mount. Pic of the mount would be helpful. I believe you can use a bus nosecone on the early mount instead of re welding in a mount.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 pm 
dLk Redneck

Also you might have the wrong nose cone in there as well. If the mount you have in there is welded in wrong id just get a new one and cut that old one out. It is pretty simple to line the new mount up for welding.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:05 pm 
dLk bass hunter

Let me take some pics real quick. I thought the bug was a '61 (because it was titled as one) until after I bought it and I checked samba and saw that the VIN lists as a '60. Anyway...give me a minute and I'll post some pics.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 pm 
dLk Redneck

If it is a 60 then that is why someone hacked into it. the problem with that is that the nose cone might have been changed due to the fact that it is hard to find a 60 front tranny mount. then someone down the line probably went ahead and tried to put in a new mount and never changed the nose cone back to a type 1. I am guessing at all this though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:37 pm 
dLk bass hunter

ConcreteAce wrote:
If it is a 60 then that is why someone hacked into it. the problem with that is that the nose cone might have been changed due to the fact that it is hard to find a 60 front tranny mount. then someone down the line probably went ahead and tried to put in a new mount and never changed the nose cone back to a type 1. I am guessing at all this though.

Thanks for all the advice!! I just need a pair of eyes to tell me what's going wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next