It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did DALLAS do to their Vdubs Today?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 pm 
dLk Redneck

my exhaust is usually in the way and makes that tool useless. I can see where it would come in handy if you had it out on an engine stand. To me it is just as easy using a wrench and small screw driver.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:12 am 

ConcreteAce wrote:
my exhaust is usually in the way and makes that tool useless. I can see where it would come in handy if you had it out on an engine stand. To me it is just as easy using a wrench and small screw driver.

:thumbs: :beer:

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:01 am 
dLk bass hunter

Ok, thanks fellas! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm 

I installed my new blinker relay today. I still have to get a screw to install it with though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:00 pm 
dLk bass hunter

Nice Uncle!

I'm hoping to do a little tinkering tonight and through the weekend. My accelerator cable sleeve came in today, so I'll have to figure out how that goes on. Does it just flap in the breeze or is there a way to anchor it? Is it easy enough to install with the body on? ...either I figure it out or Ethan comes in with advice (hint, hint). Pictures of my progress and updates to come.... :beer:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am 
dLk Redneck

one end fits over the tube on the pan, the other goes to the back of the fan shroud tube. It does not anchor anywhere, its just hangs from point a to b.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:33 am 

freebird wrote:
New toy in the mail today. $36.24 at tooltopia.com was the best price I could find. I'm slowly trying to build up my VW specific tools. Good start here, I think :dance:

I have quite a few new adjuster nuts if anyone needs a set of 8 let me know I can send you some.. as they get rounded over and messed up over the years.. it is always nice to have a new set..

I personally pull the adjuster screws out and clean the threads.. weather wire wheel or what ever .. wash them off real good and put them back together with new nuts.. that always make life nice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:42 pm 
dLk bass hunter

tommiebsmith wrote:
freebird wrote:
New toy in the mail today. $36.24 at tooltopia.com was the best price I could find. I'm slowly trying to build up my VW specific tools. Good start here, I think :dance:

I have quite a few new adjuster nuts if anyone needs a set of 8 let me know I can send you some.. as they get rounded over and messed up over the years.. it is always nice to have a new set..

I personally pull the adjuster screws out and clean the threads.. weather wire wheel or what ever .. wash them off real good and put them back together with new nuts.. that always make life nice

That sounds great man! I'll take you up on that offer. Please let me know what you need from me.

Also, thanks for the advice on removing the adjuster screws and cleaning them. If it's done well for you, then I'll follow up with the same method. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm 
dLk bass hunter

Last night, I changed the oil, re-installed the spark plug wires, put new accelerator cable in, charged the battery, and replaced the gas tank mounts from the original ones to some billet pieces I picked up a while ago from airkewld. :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm 
dLk bass hunter

ConcreteAce wrote:
one end fits over the tube on the pan, the other goes to the back of the fan shroud tube. It does not anchor anywhere, its just hangs from point a to b.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. Whether or not it anchored anywhere. When I was running the cable last night, I was trying to see if it could/should anchor anywhere. If I have time tonight, I'll re-run the cable and see what it looks like with the guide tube. Sitting here, I don't think the guide tube is long enough to completely cover the distance of the exposed cable from the pan to the fan shroud, but it should cover most of it. I'm also thinking maybe I can zip tie some of the distance to the clutch cable tube for stability? We'll see ....I'll post pics when I'm finished. :)

Thanks again for the advice! :thumbs:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next