It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Suit and Tie.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 am 

So heading to a closing at 4:00 yesterday in my Suit and Tie.. during our new record for the day 90 degree temps.. My throttle cable snaps.. right at the pedal.. :bs: :help:

So with gloves on.. and papers down.. to keep from getting dirty.. I repair my cable on the side of the road..
in record time.. like 5 minutes.. from start to stop.. I removed some of the little lever piece on the cable and slid it
further down on to the cable.. CRIMPED with all my might.. then zipped tied it to the pedal arm..
hook the linakge back up in the engine compartment and was on my way.. arrived on time.. and took care of buisness.

I just was proud of my skills to address an issue so fast and so clean.. It usually takes me for ever to get anything done.. and I am always a mess afterwards..

Maybe I should do all my work on the side of the road from now on.. during work :hillbilly:

Post subject: Re: Suit and Tie.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 am 

tommiebsmith wrote:
So heading to a closing at 4:00 yesterday in my Suit and Tie.. during our new record for the day 90 degree temps.. My throttle cable snaps.. right at the pedal.. :bs: :help:

So with gloves on.. and papers down.. to keep from getting dirty.. I repair my cable on the side of the road..
in record time.. like 5 minutes.. from start to stop.. I removed some of the little lever piece on the cable and slid it
further down on to the cable.. CRIMPED with all my might.. then zipped tied it to the pedal arm..
hook the linakge back up in the engine compartment and was on my way.. arrived on time.. and took care of buisness.

I just was proud of my skills to address an issue so fast and so clean.. It usually takes me for ever to get anything done.. and I am always a mess afterwards..

Maybe I should do all my work on the side of the road from now on.. during work :hillbilly:

That was my fear this weekend .. I have a spare and left it at home.. Good work.. I need to keep some zipties with me too.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l384/rcarpen496/?action=view&current=MVI_0122.mp4

69 Beetle sunroof

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 am 
The Ukrainian

:thumbs:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 am 

I'm surprised you were able to remain clean with all the weekends oil and rubber remains under your car :hillbilly: :hillbilly:

"If it ain't Rubbin, it ain't Dubbin"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am 

oval1 wrote:
I'm surprised you were able to remain clean with all the weekends oil and rubber remains under your car :hillbilly: :hillbilly:

I have no idea what you may be talking about :? :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 pm 

I always roll with two spare cables and an extra clutch cable. Good work though! It would've taken me longer.