It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Gostros' 68
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:43 pm 

Will post up some updated pics soon.

I owned this car about 7 years ago and I just bought it back. When i got it in 2007, I bought it from the family that originally bought it in San Francisco in 68. It was all original and even had the vapor barrier behind the door panels. I sold it to my then boss. He removed the interior and windows, painted the car, and it sat until I picked it up a few weeks ago.

My plan:

1 - Wet sand and buff the paint. It's not a great paint job but I've decided to work with what I've got for now.

2 - Have a professional shop install the headliner (already have it in box)

3 - install windows and seals, etc.

4 - refresh engine. The 1500cc single port has already been taken apart to a long block. I am going to (at the very least) replace the push rod tubes and seals and all other seals and gaskets I can. I may hone the cylinders and install new piston rings.

5 - install engine in the car.

This is my plan. In a perfect world I'd like to have it finished in the next month so I can take it to a show on May 17th. (same day as the monument show, I know) My grandfather was recently diagnosed with lung and liver cancer. He's 80 but tough as hell. People in his town of Vidor, Tx are throwing a bbq plate fund raiser for him and they're doing a car show too. I'd love to make it over there in my bug. I'm going to attend regardless.

I could use all the help I can get. Especially with the wet sanding and buffing. I've installed windows before and assembled the engine, but I can still use help. I'll post up when I plan to work on the car.

Pictures to be added soon!!!!

Post subject: Re: Gostros' 68
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 am 

Pictures. congrats on getting your car back, sorry to here about your Grandfather. I'm dealing with that too, just found out my great aunt passed this morning. Family is more important. Get that thing going for that show