It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Please feel free to add other companies to the list by starting a new thread on that company. Please use existing threads when applicable.

Post subject: Airkewld
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 pm 

I bought some cb drop spindles through Pete at Airkewld. They were supposed to be drop shipped from the manufacturer and never made it to me, so he grabbed some off his shelf and sent them. Nice guy.

Post subject: Re: Airkewld
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 am 

He is a nice guy and he tries to be helpful but I have had terrible experiences with any air ride kit that he calls "Bolt On". They just don't work. It took him almost a year to get me all my parts. When I finally installed it all it made it around the block and bent everything. As it stands now I'm waiting to see what he's going to do about it.

"If it ain't Rubbin, it ain't Dubbin"

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:29 pm 
dLk Redneck

I ordered some H4 headlights from them a couple of weeks ago they came in with dry rotted rubber boots.one even had a hole in it. I think he needs to check his orders before he sends them.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:06 pm 

Pete's my neighbor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm 
dLk bass hunter

Hey Concrete,
I just ordered the H4 headlight kit from Airkewld. Unfortunately, I didn't read this first. However, did Pete make it up to you with the defective boots? Also, do you like the headlights? Are they worth it? The reason I pulled the trigger today was because they have them on sale for $174.95. Thanks for any info you can provide!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:42 pm 
dLk Redneck

vw1961vert wrote:
Hey Concrete,
I just ordered the H4 headlight kit from Airkewld. Unfortunately, I didn't read this first. However, did Pete make it up to you with the defective boots? Also, do you like the headlights? Are they worth it? The reason I pulled the trigger today was because they have them on sale for $174.95. Thanks for any info you can provide!!

No he never made good on them. Ill never order anything from him again. His excuse was that he never uses the rubber boots on his own cars.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 am 
dLk bass hunter

Uhg :roll:

Well, I'll let you know what happens with me then....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:50 pm 
dLk bass hunter

Sorry fellas for the delayed update.....I just wanted to report that all was good with my experience buying these parts from Airkewld. Fast shipping, good communication from Pete, and all the parts were there as described......just wanted to put this fyi out there.... :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 pm 

Just to throw it out there...

I know the guy that used to build pete's beams. He makes it sound like he does them in house, but he absolutely does not. He has gone through a couple actually, My friend quit doing business with him because after a couple months of no problems, he decided not to pay for his beams. Got my buddy to build him a couple beams, shipped them to him so he could re-package and ship, but he never paid for them, and went to a new builder.

Another friend with a bus was assured thet the brakes would fit with stock wheels. they do not, the bus 15's hit the calipers. Pete's solution was for him to use bug rims - "they are 15's and they look the same while driving" :roll:

He makes claims that he's the only person to make a vw wheel thats DOT tested. Not true, Randee did it with his Randars. I told Pete but he still advertises it like it's truth

He's a rich guys kid, never worked a real job in his life. I make no disguise that I do not get along with him. I'd love to go air ride but I will never buy a thing from him

If anyone wants a H4 HID kit, let me save you some money. Go to your local or favorite online shop, and get the headlights themselves. Empi makes them, I think my last set were $50. Then get youself the HID kit for H4's. craigslist parts section are full of people selling them, I bought the ones for my truck for $55 out off of the katy fwy. Bam, $75 to $100 saved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm 

X2

"If it ain't Rubbin, it ain't Dubbin"