It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Please feel free to add other companies to the list by starting a new thread on that company. Please use existing threads when applicable.

Post subject: Re: Airkewld
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 am 

Yeah - Pete's great. How bout a DLK discount? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 am 

Thanks for the support Gostros, freebird, Kostya.lyt, 69Vduber and EAnderson.

Watch us become the Best Customer Service Company in the VW industry in 2011!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 am 

Airkewld wrote:
Erik G wrote:
You did not ask me, you asked if he supplies a set with his wheels. I don't know, I haven't had a set of Randars. I've asked my buddy Dave, here is his reply
Quote:
Hi Erik, I don't have them anymore, but when I previewed the then-new "Randar" wheel, in VW Trends Magazine, I saw Randee Pickton's test sheets from an Engineering place in Long Beach, CA, that did a DOT destruction test on a Randar wheel. They checked crash impact, radial runout, side impact, pull pressure, virtually every test that could be done to a wheel, and the Randars passed with flying colors. This had to be prior to 2001, as that is when I left VW Trends, and "defected" over to Hot VWs, and I remember it being a few years before that, even, so maybe 1998-1999...

The flat 4 rims are DOT approved (at least the ET mag repop's are), so are my BRM's. Research before you claim...
Your record of standing behind what you sell is well documented as well.

Thanks for the info.

I just looked up Randar wheels, Empi and Flat four and none of them mention anything about DOT. I appreciate that your buddy Dave let you know that but how do those words prove my statement wrong. I have proof. You have a statement. When some one else shows me something otherwise, I will say I was wrong and really, I do not have a problem stating I was wrong.

Keep bringing up old stuff Eric, I am a changed business and business man. Next time you are in my shoes and that guy does the same thing to you that he did to me, which you have only heard from his side, you would think other wise. There is always two sides of the story. Whether you want to believe him just because you enjoy giving me crap, okay i get it.

If you want to kick up some more dirt ...... enjoy. Everyone else here will "get it."

"Dave" is Kafer Dave Cormack, a personal friend of mine. He is now semi retired as a writer for Hot VW's, and was with VW Trends. He published it in Trends. Yes, I believe him, his reputation is as solid as can be. My own rims are stamped DOT approved as well. And I'm glad yours are. I like them a lot

Yes, I do like giving you shit, but only where it's due. I'm glad you are "changed" and really, I want to like you and your stuff. Time will tell if you really are changed, and if you really are here to stay, or if you are just another GEX or Bernie Bergman. I've been here 17 years, I've seen them come and go, and I really do hope you follow through on what you say. Roy turned MOFOCO around to a solid business, and it looks like you have done so as well. Keep it up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm 

I bought a set of Bad Brakes from Pete. They came with 15 studs that were short and 5 long. I called Pete and he sent me 20 new studs to make sure they were all the same. He is a person and sometimes we make mistakes. I think he wants to do the right thing. I have talked to him more on the phone and he has helped me out with Airkewld product info.
This is just my 2 cents.
Scott in Lago.

58 Chevy Panel (The Sled)
01 Excursion Rollin 24" (Big Gulp)
06 Scion Xb (Blanco Low Box)